Summer fun is finally within reach

School is coming to an end and summer activities are right around the corner

The last day of school is approaching in a few days, and summer is right around the corner. Summer is always favored because of the warm weather, no school, relaxation, and the activities that summer brings. There are countless activities to participate in around the community like Eaton days, the Greeley Stampede, going to Horsetooth Reservoir, and so many others. Around our area, there are more than plenty of places and things to do to spend time. EHS students are craving the summer feeling and are counting down the days until the three free months.

Freshman Lila Dejager said, “I am most excited to hang out with my friends and to travel this summer.” She will be going to California a few times to see her family and favorite cousin who lives there. Dejager is approaching the end of her first year of high school, and is looking forward to the break of a few stress-free months. Reagan Fields (26) said, “The hardest part about this school year was adjusting to high school in general, as well as how different the grading system is from middle school. I cannot wait for summer and to have a weight lifted off my shoulders.” 

Studies have shown that people are at their happiest during the summer months because of the warmer weather and the longer days. Sophie Morgan (25) said, “Going to the lake with my friends and family is my favorite part of summer because everyone is always happy and having fun.” Morgan and her family spend lots of time boating and tubing over the summer months. 

Theater teacher Kendra Hixon said, “No students or teachers came back revitalized from winter break. It has been a long, busy year and the students and teachers both deserve this summer break.” Hixon mentioned that grades were going down and students became very absentminded after the previous semester. 

Freshman PE teacher Alli Duncan is the mother of junior, Gunnar, who is very dedicated to his baseball career. Duncan said, “My son will be playing baseball all summer and I am most excited for that.” Her son will be playing for the Slammers this summer season. “We will be traveling to quite a few different states this season to watch Gunnar play.” She said she is excited to get to travel and get out of the state a few times. 

Summer is calling the names of Eaton students and they have almost reached the end. EHS students are all spending their summer in their own way, and the much needed break is approaching.