We’ve got Spirit

Recap of Eaton High School’s homecoming week’s events and spirit days

The 2022 EHS homecoming week had many fun events and spirit days for both students and staff to participate in. Starting off the week was Monochromatic Monday, where everyone dressed up in one color. Tuesday’s theme was Country vs. Country Club, where everyone put on their best country outfit or their best country club attire. Wednesday’s theme was Teacher Swap, where the students dressed up as teachers and the teachers dressed as students. Many could be seen in basketball shorts and bucket hats, and even bald caps and slacks. To end the school week was Red Day, almost everyone was wearing some type of red including the “we are one” shirt, painted on jeans to express school spirit, and other spirit day apparel. Mr. Jorgensen, the student council advisor, said “The community is the biggest thing, even though we moved, even though it’s the new school it’s still the same Eaton, it’s still the same students, still the same kind of traditions we will always do.”

Wednesday, Oct. 12 Powder Puff and Power Stuff games took place. Junior and senior girls participated in a football game, and although it was a close game, the seniors came out victorious. The junior and senior boys competed in a volleyball game afterwards. In the first set the seniors won 25 to 19, while in the second set, it was a closer game 26 to 24, leading the seniors to victory. After the students’ game was over the teachers played the seniors and won both sets!

Volleyball’s homecoming game against Valley was on Thursday, Oct. 13. The theme was pink out for “Kills for a Cure” night to raise awareness for breast cancer. For every kill, both teams got parents and friends who could pay a certain amount to the cause. The volleyball program raised around $3,000 in both flat donations and pledges. All three Eaton teams won in minimal sets; JV and C team winning in two and varsity in three. 

Football’s homecoming game against Berthoud occurred on Friday night. There was a tailgate before the game and then the marching band gave a performance to start the game off. Taylor Ross (25) said “My favorite part of Hoco week is definitely the football game, everyone just has so much fun and so much school spirit.” The theme was red out and both the student section and many spectators could be seen decked out in red. The ending score was 34 to 6, giving the Reds another victory. 

Saturday night was the homecoming dance from 8 to 11. The theme was casino games, and during the dance there was a raffle of the tickets to win prizes. The tickets were cards given from a deck when students got into the dance. This year the dance was held in the cafeteria instead of the gym and many people played card games in the commons. 

The 2022 homecoming week was filled with fun events to attend and to participate in. All of EHS showed school spirit and pride during this fun-filled week.