Eaton honors academics

Students at Eaton High School receive awards for academics

Eaton High School hosted an annual awards night that noticed students’ excellence. Many different awards were given out to students depending on their GPA (grade point average). The first award was “achievement” and was given out to students with a 3.0-3.49 GPA. The second award was “honors” and was given to students with a 3.5-3.99 GPA. The final award was “excellence” and was given to students with a 4.0+ GPA.

Senior Leyah Scott (23) is in NHS (National Honor Society) and helped run the awards night. Scott said,  “We want to let them know that their efforts in school are worth something and that people notice they’re doing their best.”

Eaton students were honored in the main gym in front of many parents and classmates to show how deserving each award was. These awards represent how hard-working students at Eaton High School are and how they should be celebrated for their excellence.

Senior Gracie Tomlinson (23) is also a member of NHS. Tomlinson helped work at the awards night and earned a pin for having a 4.0 and above. Tomlinson said, “It means that my hard work has paid off and I am meeting my goals and expectations of doing well in school.”

Some awards get overlooked and most students don’t realize how impactful these awards can be on other students. Honoring these students shows others how important they are and how much hard work these students have put in to earn these awards.