Finding your community

Eaton High School’s clubs and activities for the 22-23 school year

Eaton High School (EHS) has a wide variety of clubs and activities to suit its students’ interests. Staff members at EHS have worked hard to provide opportunities for their students to feel welcome and that they belong to a community within these organizations. There are over ten clubs offered to students at EHS.

There are several clubs that work hard to help their community by volunteering. Key Club focuses on encouraging leadership through serving others, while the goal for National Honor Society is working towards scholarships through community involvement. LINK is a club offered for juniors and seniors to serve the incoming freshmen class with advice to make the transition into high school easier. Student Council is dedicated to making EHS a strong and united school by planning school-wide events.

FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, and FCS, also known as the “F” clubs among staff and students, provide strong leadership and community. Students who take an interest in anything business can find a home within FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America. Shae Stone (24) said, “My favorite part about FBLA was going to the Gaylord in April, and the National Convention because they are just really unique experiences that a lot of kids don’t get to experience.” 

FCCLA, Family Career and Community Leaders of America, offers students an opportunity to express their interests in family and consumer sciences. “FCCLA has pushed me out of my comfort zone, making me a better person and leader,” said Mattea Gurnsey(24). 

Eaton being a big agricultural town creates many opportunities for kids to take interest in this subject. Students who take interest in FFA, Future Farmers of America, are united with other students interested in agricultural programs.

FCS, Fellowship of Christian Students, allows students to unite within their faith. Students can spread the word of faith throughout the classroom and community.

GSA, or the Gay Straight Alliance, is a club for students a part of the LGBTQ+ community and allies to unite. GSA is a safe place for students to create a support system for each other. All students are welcome to join, no matter what sexuality or gender they may identify with. For many kids, their peers help them feel welcome into the Queer community.

Students can showcase their brain power by competing in Knowledge Bowl. An assortment of questions are asked to the students who race to be the first to answer the question correctly. Robotics is another high-level thinking club. Students learn how to use technology to create machines and devices of all assortments.

Music is an enormous interest in several kids at EHS. There are many musical classes offered at EHS that also carry into extracurricular activities. Eaton’s marching band and color guard is a high-achieving program designed for kids to work together to put on musical and visual performances.

Eaton High School offers a diverse selection of clubs and activities for its students. Individuals can unite with other students to create relationships and a community within these organizations.