Lady Reds Swim with another victory

Eaton in first place by 36 points and in home pool

Numerous victories were won by the Lady Reds, defeating Mountain View High School and a few girls from Valley High School. This meet was extra special due to it being senior night and highlighted the two seniors on the team, Lexi Bruntz (22) and Addie Burke (22). The feeling of the last regular meet of the season is always bittersweet, “My swim meet went great. It was super sad because it was my last home meet ever, but it was an amazing night. The support from my teammates was amazing too,” Bruntz said. She has been competing and qualifying for state with the team since freshman year, but now is in the last few weeks of her entire high school swim career. Bruntz swam in the 100 Free, with the time of 01:01.53, receiving second place. In the 100 Breast, she received first place, with the time of 01:21.48. Behind her was Sophie Morgan (25), in second, with the time of 01:22.27. 

For the second year in a row, Kaiya Sinkler (23), has qualified for state in diving. She is one of the two divers for the Reds. During the 2020-2021 season, she was the only diver, qualifying and going to state by herself. Sinkler obtained her new personal record for diving, raising the bar for her state dive. “The meet went well and I qualified for state at last. I did better than usual and I was so happy to PR. I scored well on a new very difficult dive and being one of the two divers is great honestly. I like a smaller group and two is a huge improvement from last year, being that I was the only one. I look forward to state and it feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders. Diving is a very mental sport and it can be very scary to throw new dives. Confidence is key and it’s really hard to stay out of your head. I look forward to seeing more improvement in this last section of the season,” Sinkler said. She ended up in second place with a score of 334.20, about 37 points behind the Mountain View girl in first. 

Once again, the dynamic duo, the Morgan sisters, both received first place in their events and are going to state. Caitlin Morgan (23) swam the 100 Back, receiving first place with a time of 01:11.21. She was also first in the 200 Free with a time of 02:22.71. S. Morgan received second in the 100 Breast behind Bruntz, and then first place in the 200 Individual Medley with a time of 02:42.71. S. Morgan will be attending state with her relay teams for the 200 Individual Medley and the 200 Free. “I would say being a part of a relay is a team effort. I know that I can count on my teammates to do their best and I’m excited to put what we have been working on all season into the upcoming state meet,” S. Morgan said. As it is only her first year with the team she has made a huge improvement, working her way up to state. Overall, the Lady Reds have had a great season and are looking forward to their next meet, the Patriot League Championships Prelims at EPIC in Fort Collins, scheduled for Feb. 4, 2022.