Senior Spotlight: Abby Whitaker

Abby Whitaker (22) plans to attend the University of Northern Colorado after graduation. She will continue her music career and study music performance for percussion. Whitaker has been in Eaton High School’s music program since 8th grade, as a bass drummer in marching band. Since then, she has played for Jazz Ensemble and Symphonic Band as well as UNC’s concert band. Whitaker has also played for Patriot League, Combined League, All-State, and All-State Orchestra Honor Bands throughout her time at EHS.

Her leadership in the band program and the high school has inspired her peers. Whitaker said, “To me, the most important thing as a leader in the school is using my passion and love for the things I do (band and music) to influence others to love it as well. It’s important to use my experience and knowledge to share with others. I hope that encourages my peers to experience what I have in high school.” Whitaker has not only applied herself musically but academically as well, earning an academic letter.

She values tenacity the most in the EATON acronym. “I believe tenacity is the most important word in the EATON acronym because without it you never reach your full potential. Tenacity requires effort put into setting and reaching your goals. Pushing yourself to be the best and most successful person you can be, sets you apart from others and helps you excel,” said Whitaker. There is no doubt she will leave a lasting impact on Eaton High School’s band program. Whitaker said, “I hope to leave a legacy of dedication towards my academics and music. I worked very hard to set goals for myself and prove with ambition you can reach them.”