Lady Reds crush Skyline at home pool

Freshmen and sophomores are starting to make their way up

The third home girls swimming meet couldn’t have gone better against Skyline High School from Longmont, with the Lady Reds winning the dual competition in their home pool. The winning points were 111 to 68, including several first place finishes by Eaton. 

The competition for the One Meter Dive was lacking as there were only two Eaton girls competing in it. In the 50 Free, none of the girls had a time that could take them to state, but it was good competition and practice for the freshmen girls that competed in it. First place in the 100 Free was taken by Caitlin Morgan (23) with a time of 01:02.96 and not far behind her Aedy Barclay (24), in sixth place, had a time of 01:19.23. “It went really well. Everyone pushed themselves really hard and some girls got personal records. We all supported each other and I am proud of how we all did,” said Barclay, who competes in the 50 and 100 Free. The top three places in order of the 100 Back went to Lexi Bruntz (22), Aubrey Ledall (23), and Kaitlyn Young (23). The Lady Reds came out strong in the 100 Back and Bruntz once again took another first place win in her swimming career. The freshmen Lady Reds are also taking big W’s for first and second place in the 100 Fly, featuring Dharma Perkins (25) and Sophie Morgan (25). Coach Hattie Carlson is beyond impressed with the results of the season so far. She said, “many of our girls have seen huge improvement and hopes of seeing more improvement in the couple weeks before the championship meets.” As of right now, the Estes Park meet has been postponed, leaving two more home meets and one more away meet left until the first league championship preliminary meet. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season turns out and if more Lady Reds will qualify for state.