Eaton High School Gets New and Technological

New technology in school brings hope for great school year

New T.V by the front offices welcoming students and guests

When students walked in on Monday, Aug. 19, they saw a new TV by the front offices, displaying the week’s events and important announcements, and in some classes, students may have noticed new Chromebooks.

Something the tech department installed that students can’t see is more wireless hubs. The tech department installed four wireless hubs over the summer, so now the school has 60 in total, all with the newest upgrades. “Last year there would be times when the internet would cut out…so they did put in a lot more receivers,” Principal Jay Tapia said. Over the summer of the 2019 school year, Eaton High School received new technology and equipment. 

One of the other major upgrades that are currently happening is, the air conditioners are getting fixed in the building. In previous years, the school had A/C, but it wasn’t working correctly all the time. “It’s either a mechanical problem or a system problem… I think it’s a combination of both,” Tapia said.  As many returning students and guests know, the heat in the high school was and still is a problem.

The issue of A/C is one of the concerns of the LRFP(Long-Range Facilities Plan). “If that bond passes, through that, they would have air conditioning put throughout the district… if the bond doesn’t pass, the goal would be to get air conditioning in every building, not just here,” Tapia said. On November 5 Eaton community members will decide the fate of the new high school and the future of air conditioning when they decide whether or not to vote in favor of the bond.