Popular Tik Tok trends

8k and Devious Licks

Popular Tik Tok trends

Tik Tok is a popular social media platform in which the user can post any type of video with popular music or clips of popular movie segments. The app can be used to project underdeveloped music, average people into stardom, and give content creators the boost that they need. The app has many trends, one such trend is the 8K video trend. 8K is the amount of pixels the video has which just makes the video look better. The videos are of people saying some inspirational thing or some would say, “facts.” The one who is carrying the trend forward is dubbed the “certified heavyweight,” according to his bio. Big Kuza is a social media influencer, he uses his platform to inspire people. His first Tik Tok was titled “How some ppl would act if they bruh who play Tariq in power.” It was the start of something great because he would later be met with success. People say his Tik Toks are corny but Martin Lopez (23) said “ I love him, he’s really inspirational, helps me with my day to day, he makes me happy with the stuff he posts.” Big Kuza’s most popular Tik Tok says “Stop being shy if you like me just say that, I’ll probably like you back.” Liam Wray’s (22) opinion on his most liked Tik Tok said, “He’s a saint, he’s gonna make it big I already know.” But it seems that not everyone is so fond about Kuza’s success. Tristan Ryan (22) said “He’s a menace, he’s way too old to post that corny stuff.” But, regardless of the hate Kuza just seems to brush it off of his shoulder. Although he gets hate in his comments, Kuza embraces it. He likes the comments that are hating on him. He truly proves that any exposure, whether good or bad, is good exposure. Since he is hot right now, he started promoting his most popular song which he promotes on many of his Tik Toks, Toxic has amassed over 400,000 streams on spotify. Dakota Annis (22) said, “Everyone’s been sleeping on the big man. He’s on the rise and you guys are watching it.” The song is about a toxic relationship, this seems to be glorified Big Kuza in his videos. Kasen Hays (22) who is an avid Kuza supporter, and plans to get his iconic vest, said,“ He motivates me to be the best version of myself.”. Another supporter of Kuza is Francis Mongan (24), Mongan said, “ Some of the statements he makes are outright outlandish.”  It seems like Kuza has found it very easy to influence today’s generation via spreading “facts.”

Another popular trend growing on Tik Tok Devious Licks. Devious Licks involve videos of people stealing, or just outright destroying things, with any song by NBA Youngboy as background music of the videos. The most popular places these videos occur are in school bathrooms or in classrooms. From soap dispensers being destroyed or stolen, to people’s clothes being taken while they are on the toilet. Ryan said, “I enjoy watching chaos that ensues from this trend.”. The trend has gotten so out of hand that some schools have taken drastic measures such as just shutting down bathrooms and not allowing students to leave class. Some support the trend but Hays said, “I think it’s stupid, why would people steal and vandalize school property then expose themselves on Tik Tok for likes? It does more harm than good for them.” Thomas Shannon, vice principal of Eaton High school, shares the same opinion as Hays. “There is no place for it here at Eaton High School. Students should respect our school. We have the Eaton acronym and it does not represent it or who we are, so we respect our school for one more year. Our taxpayers have spent a lot of money to remodel them and update them. The last thing we want students to do is disrespect it and vandalize it for a Tik Tok,” he said. Although the trend may be considered a funny concept, the ends do not justify the means.