Key Club raises money for a family in the community

Kami Rojas (19) and Haley Jeglum (22) distribute snacks to the students of EHS

Puppy chow and chocolate covered strawberries are always a hit, and Thursday, May 18, Key Club brought the idea to EHS. Key Club devoted its volunteering time and efforts, to sell these treats to the student body of EHS. Strawberries were sold for $1 and puppy chow $2, and the bake sale has raised over $150 for the Gavette family: Saneta Gavette is battling breast cancer.

Kami Rojas (19), a four-year member of Key Club, said, “We thought it’d be a good idea to do something that the students would get involved in–which is buying snacks–and putting the money towards a really good benefit.” Haley Jeglum (22) is one of the newest members of Key Club, this being her first year. She said, “We stayed after school to make all this. We did really well with the last puppy chow fundraiser that we thought we should do it again.”

Señorita Rodríguez, a Key Club advisor, thoroughly loves her role as the supervisor saying, “We have been doing bake sales for a while now. Angelica and the members are so great and independent that they do everything themselves.” She works to support the club in their ways of contributing to the school and community in any possible way. 100% of the profit goes to a specific need or organization. “The members are so independent that the club runs itself; they are great kids,” said Rodriguez.