Famous killer brought to life

Back to Article
Back to Article

Famous killer brought to life

Serial killer Ted Bundy

Serial killer Ted Bundy

Serial killer Ted Bundy

Serial killer Ted Bundy

Abigail Vondy, Staff Reporter

Netflix series A conversation with a killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes has people hooked

Sadly, the world has become a place where it is mandatory to be cautious of all people and the potential dangers they hold.

When walking down crowded streets alone, everyone determines whether or not someone can be trusted by the way they present themselves and their appearance. It’s not something to be proud of, but that’s just the way it is. All of us are guilty of making those snap judgements.

But what about the ones who look normal? Handsome even? A Conversation with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes expands on this terrifying possibility through the very real story of the infamous serial killer, Theodore Robert Bundy.

Ted Bundy went through his early life like every other American, going to college, pursuing his dreams, and getting married. One day, he decided he wanted to do something else; something that left this country shaken.

Ted Bundy was convicted of killing over 30 women in over six different states, including Florida, Idaho, Washington, and Colorado, earning him, for the first time in United States history, the label of a serial killer.

Netflix has given our generation plenty of classics that left the school talking, but this four-episode documentary on the life of Bundy will be remembered as one of the best.

The program creator, Joe Berlinger, presents Netflix with an intense, informative, and suspenseful four hour series split into pieces. Each episode delivers about an hour of compelling information regarding Ted Bundy’s life and the horrible decisions he made. Then each episode ends with some type of cliff hanger, which pretty much forces you to click play on the next.

It is no secret that Ted Bundy killed over 30 young women. But the mystery is the way he was able to stay hidden for all those years of investigation. This documentary goes through each step of Bundy’s life and analyzes it with immense detail.

It explores what Bundy was doing, what the police were doing simultaneously, and how he was getting away with it. Through interviews with the man himself and others important to his story, the series narrates the life of Ted Bundy.

Each step of his life is supported by different clips and picture slideshows, including news channels and police investigation snapshots to give the audience a better understanding of the time period. The viewer even gets to hear interviews from the killer himself.

During that period of time (1974- 1980), many couldn’t wrap their heads around the fact that someone so handsome and so charming could be capable of such appalling actions. This, he took to his advantage by using his charm and looks to help him in trial and previously to lure women into trusting him before he ended their lives.

Theodore Bundy truly was the face of evil in the country during that time period.

And as the first official serial killer of America, he paved the way for a significant amount of this county’s most successful killers. Students who are interested in informative, suspenseful, and terrifying documentaries need to watch A Conversation with a killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes. You will not be disappointed!

About the Writer
Abigail Vondy, Staff Reporter
This is Abigail Vondy's first year working for Red Ink. She is excited for all the new writing experiences she will get to enjoy as the year rolls on. Abigail is a passionate writer and is willing to create a story on anything under the sun, but the type of journalism she is most excited about is feature and entertainment writing. She also loves interviewing her fellow peers and getting their opinions on the topics and stories, which makes the job so much more worthwhile. Abigail cannot wait to be apart of the newsroom crew and help provide information to the students at her school. When Abigail is not interviewing for stories and creating drafts, she loves spending time with her family and friends and helping out around the community.