Eaton becomes two stoplight town

The+Eaton+Area+Community+Center+has+accumulated+2%2C915+members+since+its+opening+in+2017.+Its+construction+took+approximately+one+year%2C+and+is+now+s+gathering+center+for+the+community+as+well+as+a+building+to+host+events+for+the+entire+town.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Eaton becomes two stoplight town

The Eaton Area Community Center has accumulated 2,915 members since its opening in 2017. Its construction took approximately one year, and is now s gathering center for the community as well as a building to host events for the entire town.

Logan Moser, Staff Reporter

Small town of Eaton Keeps on growing

The town of Eaton has grown bigger in the last eight years increasing its population from 4,467 in 2010 to 5,500 now.

In the past couple of months, Eaton has had a tremendous amount of changes added such as a Time Square and a recreation  center.

The time square which was built in August of 2018, took about three weeks to build and is located  right behind downtown Eaton.

Gary Carsten, Eaton town manager said, “It didn’t take long to build the pavilion and it seems to be working with getting people to hang out and draw people into the town. We really are just trying to always make Eaton a nicer place.”

The new recreation center is our newest attraction. As many as 2,915 people have signed up and purchased memberships for the recreation. District director Bryan Kentfeild  said,”We are glad we got it up and built so fast so we could give the community a new attraction. It is definitely being used a lot by more people than we expected.

Mayor Kevin Ross said, “Our town is growing big and I am always looking for ways to grow Eaton so it’s a place where more people want to stay.” Also a number of roads and stop lights are being put in to make the town of Eaton look even better.

Highway 85 is being renovated and crews are fixing the stoplights. This road has been a big project for over a year now.

The road construction just now finishing is a major success for Eaton and the community who uses it.  In a addition to the new road, a new stoplight is also being instaled by the intersection of 76 and 34 for safety by the railroad stop.

Scott Moser the formarer Mayor of Eaton said, “These lights and new roads are going to make a big impact and be good for the community. We have been wanting to get this done since I was mayor, and I am glad that it is finally getting done.”

Ross later said, “As one of the fastest growing communities in Weld County we are always looking for ways to make our town a better attraction for more people and their families to come.

“I really do enjoy being mayor and would like to keep growing Eaton throughout the years in office.”