Leaving Eaton with good memories

Ashton Dyer leaves EHS to follow husband’s dream Vanderbilt University.

After eight years, support services administrator Ashton Dyer is leaving EHS to follow her husband, who went to school in Eaton, for his position as a boys basketball coach at Vanderbilt University, in Tennessee. 

Mrs. Dyer has spent her eight years being challenged to think outside of the box and advocating for her students while also retaining her good relationships with the other teachers. “During my 8 years in the district I have made friendships that will last a lifetime and for that, I am immensely grateful,” said Dyer.

Mrs. Dyer is extremely sad to leave all the memories and friends she has made here at Eaton but is also looking forward to making new ones in Tennessee. “I hope people remember me in that I care for all of my students with my whole heart, truly love Eaton, and desire for all students to have an opportunity to be challenged in a safe and encouraging environment. I consider all of the students I teach like family,” Dyer said.

Mrs. Dyer’s advice for Ms. Glines: “To get to know each student and build a first-rate bond in order to help the students make the most academic gains. Students learn from teachers they respect. My advice for Ms. Glyines is to get to know each student and build rapport in order to help the students make academic gains. Students learn from teachers they respect.”

“I have loved my time in the Eaton School District,” Dyer said. “I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to teach at the High School five years ago! Words cannot express how much I will miss everyone.