Eaton graduate and country artist performs for students, community

By Isaiah Cordova

Wahlert performs for the community on November 11.

After graduating from Eaton in 2007, Country Music Artist Austin Wahlert began to expand his musical career. Now in 2015, Wahlert is preparing to release his new album titled “I Will Win.” Performing live in front of students Tuesday morning, and to the community Tuesday and Wednesday night, Wahlert performs his discography with his band.

His Veterans Day performances are sponsored by a non-profit organization called Remember the 22. The organization is dedicated to helping prevent veteran suicides. The group spoke during an intermission.

As a student, Wahlert was a bull-rider. Drawing inspiration from his life, he wrote music while he was in school. Saying, “I starting writing [a song] when I was here in school, and we were leaving early for a high school rodeo, and I couldn’t wait so I wrote it in the middle of class. Mr. Shaw would kill me, but it was in his history class.”

Wahlert says that performing in front of his home town was “so special.” He continues, “I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time. I’ve been able to do a couple of summer concerts at the street dance, but I haven’t been in Eaton High School for almost ten years… To get to play at the stage I started at, it was really special.”
Wahlert gave out free copies of his new album to those who attended the concerts at the school. The album will come out December 3. It is up for pre-order on iTunes and Amazon.