Band keeps the rhythm flowing

Preparations for upcoming performances continue after concerts

Both jazz bands had their concert on March 8 and concert and symphonic bands had their concert on March 10. On March 2, the concert band competed in the Northern Regional in Fort Collins, which is a huge accomplishment because normally only the symphonic band gets to go. Band director Logan Doddridge said, “This is the first time ever that a concert band has qualified to play in the regional. Usually, we only take the symphonic band, so it’s a big honor that we’re going to take both groups this year.” The students that attended Northern Regional got to learn and obtain knowledge that will help them in the future. They got to do a clinic and were conducted by band directors while they were there. Not only did the bands have a substantial number of students go to Northern Regional, but they also had a plethora of students get into Honor Bands. 19 students made the Patriot League Honor Band. Nine students made the Combined League Honor Band, and six students made the All-State Band.

Each year the bands have goals that they pursue. For this year, Doddridge said the goal is “always to be better than we were every single day.” As long as the bands continue to improve their already amazing skills, they will have that goal beat. Along with the goals they set together, many of the musicians have goals of their own, especially for concerts. Trumpet player Feliz Martinez (22) said, “I have a trumpet solo in “Dream Variants,” so I am really hoping I don’t screw it up.” As the semester continues, the bands will continue to show their determination and effort through accomplishments and crushed goals.