Possible hybrid education for 2020-2021 school year

Reopening task force determines best way to provide classes

Parents, staff, and students have endured many challenges with the materialization of COVID-19. From online schooling to safely shopping, the world has evolved around this virus. But as the summer begins, the district must discover how the 2020-2021 school year will function. In May a reopening task force was established to continue looking at the facts to determine the safest way for students and staff to return to the school. Consisting of parents, school board members, supervisors, students, and staff, the task force looks at six key elements.

These elements include creating safe learning environments, transporting students safely, flexible instructional delivery models (hybrid classes which can be done in person and at home), mitigating risk during extracurriculars, adjusting leave policies, and accommodating at-risk students and staff.

During the board meeting on June 8, Superintendent Bridget Muse reported that the Governor announced that normal class sizes will be allowed as long as schools mitigate risks appropriately. Information similar to this should not be taken to heart due to the constantly changing guidelines from the state. The reopening task force will continue meeting throughout the summer to review new information to ensure the safety of the students. Currently, the school is planning on implementing a flexible hybrid educational experience in August. As more reports come in from the State the plans will change accordingly.