Chromebook distribution at EHS

District hands out ChromeBooks for students who don’t have access to computers at home

Chromebook distribution at EHS

The RE-2 district is slowly transitioning into online schooling to prevent further spreading of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of the community. As students begin easing themselves into a new routine, teachers and staff are doing their best to help students through this difficult time. On March 30-31, teachers will be distributing ChromeBooks to students who do not have access to computers at home.

Students must go through the drive-through line in front of EHS to gather essential schooling supplies. Each grade level has a designated time to retrieve the supplies. The schedule will be provide below

For the Chromebook distributions to work and ensure everyone’s safety, parents and students must stay in their cars and have a legible sign on the window that has the students name and grade level.

Students who do not have access to the internet can also park at GES, EHS, or the Eaton Public Library and use the free wifi to do their needed schoolwork.

Through these new transitions, it is most likely students will become nervous and stressed about the new classes. Ben Williams (21) said, “The thing I am most nervous about is those hard classes that are already hard enough in the classroom.” These are reasonable thoughts and worries but Superintendent Bridget Muse explains that those high expectations in the classroom are no longer as important. “In Eaton, we are known for high expectations but it is extremely important that we shift these high expectations off of the achievement pillar and onto the other three; community, culture, and leadership,” she said.

Students shouldn’t expect an overload on schoolwork, in fact, it will be less work than in the classroom. Muse explains how schooling is not the first priority in the world right now.  This pandemic and the safety of the students, staff, and community is. Allyson Weichel (22) said, “I think others should stay positive by finding a new goal and working towards it. Think of this as an opportunity rather than a punishment.” Stay safe everyone and stay inside.

Freshman- March 30 and 31 @ 10:00 to 12:00

Sophomores- March 30 and 31 @ 12:00 to 2:00

Juniors- March 30 and 31 @ 2:00 to 4:00

Seniors- March 30 and 31 @ 4:00 to 7:00

If designated time is missed- March 30 and 31 @ 6:00 to 7:00