Over 200 students honored at awards night

Students gather to be awarded for their devotion to academics.

Many students were recognized for their outstanding academic achievements. The Academic Awards ceremony was held on Wednesday, Sept. 19.

Awards night is used to give proper recognition to all of the students that maintain good grades, despite all of the extracurriculars that they may participate in. Recipient, Mackenna Dalton, (21) said, “I believe this benefits students and gives them recognition, and/or a goal to work on for the next year. Students also want to put letters on their jackets so it gives students a reason to be more involved

Over two hundred students were presented with an award. Principal Jay Tapia said,  “Part of what of what we pride ourself on is our graduation rate, and that starts with the freshman, and pushing them to do well academically.”

All of the students that received an award are listed in the document below. All of these students were recognized for their GPA’s and awarded accordingly. These students received either an Achievement Award (3.0-3.49 GPA), an Honors Award (3.5-3.99 GPA), or an Excellence Award (4.0+ GPA).

Many of the parents of the recipients expressed their pride in their standout students, including Mackenna Dalton’s (21) mother, Kristi, who said, “The secret in education lies in respecting the student. We’re so thankful our teachers focus on our students successes in academics, emotions, learning, and sports.”

To read the news on last year’s award ceremony, click here.