For better or for worse

High school can be the best four years of you life, or the worst; it all depends on you.

You come in as a freshman unsure of how this year will go, “will this teacher give me bad grades?” this is the question freshman constantly ask, and to answer that, no. That teacher will not give you a bad grade, that teacher will give you the grade you have earned. Your grades depend on your work ethic and how willing you are to actually do your work, and study for tests. 

Now moving on to the bigger picture, your friend group. Your friend group shapes you. You might have an amazing friend group with genuine people, but sometimes when you’re going through a lot its ok to step back and focus on you and your mental health. Your health is more important than being with people. It is ok to step back and see things from a different perspective. If people don’t support you decision for stepping back, think to yourself, “Do I really want to surround myself with people like this?” The answer is no, don’t worry about them, focus on you. You are the most important person to yourself. Your mental health is important so it’s up to you to make the best of it. If you don’t have anyone standing by your side, it’s ok. If you have three people standing by yourself thats ok too, it’s better to have three real people by your side than a group of fake people surrounding you. 

Your high school experience is important, even if you don’t think it is. How you act and treat people in high school will follow you throughout your life, if you treat everyone with kindness and treat everyone equally, you’ll have good karma. If you treat everyone poorly, karma will make sure you get what you deserve. Basically, how you are remembered and how you experience high school is all up to you.