EHS holds “Parent Night” for incoming 8th graders

Mr. Love and Mrs. Tregoning present what their finance classes have to offer.
EHS Cheer Team passes out flyers for next season.
Andrea Rincon (22) shows off yearbooks from previous years.
Key Club members emphasize the importance of volunteer work on Wednesday night.

Wednesday night, students, parents, and staff of the Eaton community gathered at Eaton High School for 8th grade parent night. As the second semester continues, middle school students are preparing to become freshmen in the 2019-2020 school year. Many clubs, teams, and performing groups showcased what they’re all about in the gym and the commons. To begin the night, the band department’s Jazz Ensemble audition group played three songs to present the variety of music classes EHS offers. Following the jazz tunes, the EHS Cheer team performed an upbeat routine previously shown for halftime at basketball games. Presenting the fun activities encourages current 8th graders to get excited for the next big step of their lives. High school can be intimidating to 13 and 14-year-olds at first, but once they see the welcoming faces of the students at Eaton High School, they can look forward to finding what they really love to do. Whether that be a hobby, sport, or performing arts, the middle schoolers can look forward to all EHS has to offer. Liam Wray (22) at the Key Club booth says “You make a lot of friends in Key Club, I’ve made friends with a bunch of sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Everyone’s really friendly and it’s awesome for college applications. If you want to volunteer, you should definitely do Key Club, that’s what it’s all about.” Key Club’s main focus is helping others and growing as a family. Cheer team member Illyana Sathe (20) says “We’re very close as a team and we give each other support, it’s really fun and rarely a stressful place. It helped me out a lot freshman year.” The EHS Cheer Team takes pride in providing a positive and uplifting environment to show pep for our Fightin’ Reds. FBLA member Aracely Garcia (21) says “Future Business Leaders of America benefits incoming 8th graders by giving them insight on what the future will be like. It is great for leadership skills.” Eaton High School is excited to welcome new members of our school this coming August.