A blast from the past: looking back on graduation

Rewinding to May, 1998, as seniors prepared to wave farewell to the high school, former students Cassy Cook and Amber Bond gave their opinions on whether or not “Seniors should care about what happens after they leave.” Cook argued that seniors should keep caring about EHS after pouring so much of their time and energy into the school, also making the point that all of them have at least some “underclassmen that they care about.” On the other hand, Bond debated that seniors have already put enough time and effort into Eaton High School and have enough things to deal with as it is, so they should not have to really worry about what happens to/in the school after they leave.

Back in 2003, EHS seniors recounted what they would remember most  about high school, what they would miss most about high school and what they were looking forward to. All eight of the former students said that they would miss/remember the social aspect of Eaton High School in one way or another. 

Backtracking to 2008, former student and newspaper staff member Ashtyn Rossman said goodbye to Eaton High School as she got ready to leave EHS. Rossman was a cat lover as well as a lover of music and gave “thanks to Mrs. Prichard and Mrs. C.” She also encouraged underclassmen to get involved, to be open-minded and positive, to get out of their comfort zone and to keep their faith.