A rustic prom

The stars were shining bright and everyone was dressed to the nine and tens for it was a romantic night that would not be forgotten. Prom took place on April 14, 2018. The theme of this year’s prom was Rustic Romance. Prom was at the Platte River Fort in Greeley, Colorado. As the night drew on more people flooded into the fort. The junior advisors were there and enjoying themselves as well. The time drew near and the prom court lined up to see who was to win the 2018 prom king and queen. The prom nominees were Ryder Rich, Kadie Griffith, Justin Cunningham, Ryleigh Hauer, Travis Cunningham, Chelsey Lockey, Austin Coalson, Kylee Bean, Hayden Gavette, McKenna Cyphers, Evan Anderson, Alicia Lovell. As always girls were announced first and the 2018 prom queen was Kylee Bean. The entire room lit up with clapping and smiles, she was crowned and sashed. The boys faced were filled with anticipation and the king was announced. Hayden Gavette was the 2018 prom king. The king and queen had their traditional dance. The night ended with Sweet Caroline in honor of Kennedi Ingram. Prom was followed by after prom which took place where it is annually held, at Eaton High School. After looking nice, the students came to after prom in their comfy clothes to enjoy the rest of the night. There was Picasso and Prom where students painted while drinking some grape juice, there were bouncey mazes, a money blower, karaoke, and golf. The students stayed there until two in the morning waiting for their prizes.