Volunteering Reinvented

Save the date!

Volunteering+Reinvented

For four days this summer, students have the opportunity to closely mentor and inspire elementary and middle school children to be creative and to never give up. Not only will they be able to inspire children, but they can also gain valuable knowledge about Intellectual Property Literacy and receive a letter of recognition provided by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). On top of that, they will earn up to 40 volunteer hours and strengthen college, scholarship, and job applications. Muse said, “The main benefit, rather than it being a lot of fun, is it goes towards your community service hours and strengthen your resume.”

The high school students will be assigned up to 20 campers and one middle school helper. The campers in each group range from kindergarten to fifth grade. The groups will rotate through five sessions a day for the whole week. The high school students’ main job will be to supervise the campers through all sessions and make sure they get checked in and out for the day.

Interested? Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRletWLwYTbFgVWUHikF9ZXVGKa-oFQeEheKsac4n7ZQifMQ/viewform

for Eaton’s own camp invention or contact Bridgette Muse, Assistant Superintendent.

The camp will be held at Benjamin Eaton Elementary from June 4-8 beginning at 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day.