Choir brings in the new season

April Van Wyhe

The Eaton High School Choir performed their Christmas Choir concert on Dec.15. The Troubadours shook the stage beginning the show with Carol of the Bells by Leontovich Wilhousky, a tradition in the Christmas concert, stating in a bit of an untraditional way in the balcony. Next, as usual the Women’s Choir, then sang very beautifully “Snow Begins to Fall” by A. Beck, and “Baby of Bethlehem” by J Gallina. As another tradition all of the young women sang “Ding-a-Ding-a-Ding” arranged by G Gilpin. Men’s choir followed with “Feliz Navidad” by Billingsley Feliciano, “Swing a Christmas Carol arranged by Huff, and “Moonlight Sleigh Ride by Besig Price with soloist of Jacob Dowdy, Jackson Contreras, and Alhan Rodriguez, then by all of the guys singing “Do you Hear What I Hear” arranged by H Simeone. After, Bella Voce sang “Alleluia Canon”, like the Troubadours sang in the stands. Followed by “On With the Snow” arranged by D. Wagner, and “The Kalanta of a New Year” by M. Dalglish with an amazing solo by Alle Daniels. After intermission the Troubadours sang “December Prayer” with a solo of Leah Garcia, then “White Winter Hymnal” by Billingsley Pecknold with Stephen Haw on bass. Women’s choir followed with “Yule Be Rockin’” arranged by M. Huff, while dancing on the risers. Men’s choir then sang “Hot Chocolate” by Silvestri Ballard with a dancing piece, ending with one of the men doing a backflip at the front of the stage. Bella Voce then sang “A Soulful Christmas” arranged by M. Brymer in their T-shirts and jeans. With the last dance number of the night Troubadours sang “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by F. Loesser with Kelly Ferrari-Mills on flute. The end of the concert was finished with the traditional song “I Need a Silent Night with a duet between Luke Pickett and Jayde Contreras, then the poems were performed by Janae Jarnagin, and Joslyn Chapman.